Meet Loralee Lillibridge at The Corner


Romance Me talks to author Loralee Lillibridge on a stop during her Blog Tour!








RM: Welcome to Romance Me, Loralee! Tell us a little something about yourself.

LL:  Thanks for having me today.  For those who don’t already know me, I’m a wife, mom, grandma and great-grandma in my every day life. I’m a transplanted Texan who still isn’t used to long, snowy Michigan winters even after more than fifty years.  In my writing life, I’m published in contemporary romance and have recently entered the cozy mystery genre, as well.  I love travel, have been to several countries outside the U.S. and have a deep affection for Ireland.

RM:  When did you first know that you wanted to be a writer? Have you had other jobs along the way?

 LL:  I’ve always had a vivid imagination. As a child, my daddy read to me every day and my love of books just grew from that. As an Army brat, I moved around a lot, so my mama made sure I had a library card. To this day,  I love libraries.
         
      In addition to  my job as wife and mom,  I’ve worked as a civilian in the Finance Dept. on an Air Force base, did secretarial work at the Texas State Dept. of Health-Bureau of Vital Statistics, worked as a pattern designer for a children’s clothing manufacturer, taught sewing and knitting for a local 4-H club and…oh, yes, had a romance published by Harlequin.

RM:  What was your “Call” story?

LL: I submitted my proposal to an RWA contest and actually won first place. The editor who judged that particular contest requested my full manuscript, so I sent it off and after some weeks (months), forgot about it. When the Special Edition editor called one afternoon and offered me a contract, my first reaction was shock. Then I became tongue-tied and incoherent for oh, about a minute or two. When I could finally make good sense, I accepted and went to wish my hubby Happy Anniversary. You see, the call came a week before our 50th anniversary.

RM:  Do you plot your stories or let your characters lead you?

LL:   My stories are always character-driven, so I love turning my story over to them. I get wonderful surprises that way. 

RM:  I read All That Matters and let me say...it was AWESOME! What a wonderful group of characters in this book! How did you come up with the storyline?

LL:   Oh, I love hearing that. They are some of my favorite characters. I’d love to keep them around longer. The story actually was inspired by a country-western ballad sung by Mickey Gilley. The words were so poignant, I knew they were meant for Buddy Lee and Faith’s story.        

RM:    What challenges or difficulties did you face with this particular book?

LL:   Writing a love story is always challenging for me, but this one came easier than most. This one came straight from my heart…I felt it every time I wrote a scene, every time I got caught up in the conflict, every time I laughed or cried. In fact, this story still packs a wallop of emotion for me. I hope my readers feel the same way.

RM:  Tell us one interesting thing about this book or its characters that didn't make in 'between the covers'?

LL:   I don’t remember leaving out anything I really wanted to stay in the book. In fact, I added to it, after my critique partners made suggestions that improved the story a lot.

RM:  Are you working on anything now?

LL:   I have completed two more Texas Hill Country contemporary romances, one is ready to submit, and am working to fulfill a contract for the first book in my cozy mystery series. Two different genres for two different publishers. This grandma is staying busy!

RM:  Who would you say is your favorite author?

LL:   Oh, I don’t think I could choose only one. That’s like asking me my favorite flavor of ice cream. Too many to choose from, too many I haven’t sampled yet. I have many authors I love to re-read, but there’s always a brand-new author that I simply must put on my keeper shelf or on my Kindle. I think it’s a lovely predicament, don’t you?

RM:  Do you have anything you would like to say to your fans and the readers?

LL:  I would thank them all for reading my books. Without readers, we writers wouldn’t have the job we love. And to those writers out there who are working toward publication, keep writing, keep following your dream. Remember, there’s no expiration date on dreams.


You can visit Loralee at her website Loralee Lillibridge, at Mid-Michigan Romance Writers of America, her blog, Blogging Across the Back Fence, Twitter and Facebook.

1 comments:

  1. Lovely interview ladies!

    Loralee, you're amazing. Always enjoy your interviews and learning more about you. As for ALL THAT MATTERS, I have your story on my Nook and have actually read it twice now...I just love your writing style and your characters!

    Looking forward to your next release.

    ReplyDelete